Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Another ‘The Wire’ alum lands on AMC’s zombie drama


Mother. Of. God.

I just feel fucking excited and pumped, I want to brag about this little detail on this blog.

I never told you before that among many series I watch, ‘The Walking Dead’ happens to be the one I love the most. I mean, really really love. It’s like my love for ‘Breaking Bad’ and ‘Arrested Development’ combined, then you got the same amount of love from me for this zombie’s series. Yeah, seriously. I’m not exaggerating.

So, earlier today, I watched ‘Walking Dead’ comic con trailer for season 4. And I couldn’t be more freakishly hysterical when I saw a long lost face from the legendary drug’s drama ‘The Wire’ on it. No, it wasn’t Chad L. Coleman whom we’ve already seen in some episodes on season 3. It was Lawrence fucking Gilliard Jr.!

Photo grabbed from Entertainment Weekly

For you who had been a big fan of ‘The Wire’ must be familiar with him. He was the one who played the adorable, soft-hearted nephew of Avon Barksdale, D’Angelo ‘Dee’ Barksdale! I swear, when I saw him on the ‘Walking Dead’s trailer I almost had an orgasm! Hahahhaha.

I know, I know, I might’ve been late on this news, but I’ve been avoiding all teasers about ‘Walking Dead’s return lately (even the sneak peak photos), so that I wouldn’t miss out the fun on the premiere of season 4. But I couldn’t resist the first trailer ‘tho. I mean, who could’ve?

There are some reasons why I feel this grossly excited about having Gilliard Jr. on ‘Walking Dead’. For starter, I haven’t had enough of his performance on ‘The Wire’. He was leaving the HBO’s drama early, in the middle of season 2, because his character was killed in the prison. And I really didn’t see that one coming, so when I watched the scene in which he was dead, I was like ‘WHAT THE HELL!!’

Secondly, I was in awe with his work on the show. I mean, this guy could really act. Gilliard Jr. played as D’Angelo, a nephew of a king in Baltimore’s drugs business. His entire family was involved in the game and he most likely seen a lot of violence, murders, and shootings in his life. D’Angelo himself, was actually had a good heart. He’d never into violence and as hard as he could, he tried not to get involved.

On ‘The Wire’, Gilliard Jr. was playing superbly for this role. He could perfectly portray D’Angelo’s dilemma of having to choose between his family and his humanity. Many of the scenes he did was touching and depressing. So, I’m really curious and pumped to see his work in a show other than ‘The Wire’ and when the show happened to be ‘Walking Dead’, it was totally beyond my wildest dream. At this point, I don't really care what character he'd play. Hahahaha.

After already having Coleman who played Dennis ‘Cutty’ Wise on ‘The Wire’ as well, it was pretty uplifting to see another alum from this remarkable drugs’ series play together on my favorite TV show. Ah, can’t hardly wait to see Tyreese (Coleman) and Bob Stookey (Gilliard Jr.) slay some walkers with style this Fall! >.<


No comments:

Post a Comment