Sunday, September 1, 2013

Save the dates and turn on your TV!

September has come and it’s time for you to get ready for the new shows attack this Fall. With numerous freshmen shows announced, obviously it’s not an easy job to pick the good seeds from the terrible ones without wasting much your time. So, I’ll help make your life easier by giving you the list of the shows I thought have potentials based on the premise, cast, and of course, critics’ reviews.

The list below is comprised of the new shows from broadcast networks only. I’d try to give you the list from the cables as well in my next post. But, in the meantime, you could mark your calendar to make sure you wouldn’t miss some of the most anticipated new shows from the networks this Fall.

ABC
New series announced: 12

Drama

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
Marvel comics fans must be eager to see this one on small screen every week. From the beginning, this series has been one of the must-see new shows for me. Despite everything the critics have said, I think it still worth to check on. It wouldn’t hurt to spend a risky one hour for this, right?
Premiere date: September 24, 2013.

Resurrection
I’m thrilled to watch this one. A dead boy suddenly comes back to life as if nothing happens? Definitely worth the shot. Sadly, we have to wait a bit longer for this mystery drama, since ABC scheduled it for midseason series.
Premiere date: March 9, 2014.

Comedy

The Goldbergs
I consider to check out ‘The Goldbergs’ because I desperately need to see a decent family comedy other than ‘Modern Family’. It seems unfair that there’s no comedy show in that genre these days, so we can’t compare ‘Modern Family’ fairly with any other show from its peers. Besides, critics’ reviews about this one are pretty encouraging.
Premiere date: September 24, 2013.

Trophy Wife
Honestly, at first, I don’t have the slightest intention to watch this show. The premise was too cheesy for my taste – a complex love relationship between a reformed party girl with a man who has three kids and ex-wives. But surprisingly, most reviews for this show were positively good. So, apparently, check out the pilot is the only way I could assess the show for myself.
Premiere date: September 24, 2013.

CBS
New series announced: 9

Drama

Hostages
CBS definitely wants to do different this time. With ‘Hostages’, the network tries to take the audience to the next level of suspense drama. Excited by the list of the cast, which includes Emmy winner Toni Collette and Golden Globe winner Dylan McDermott, I expect a lot from this show. Nevertheless, I’m quite skeptical about the premise which seems pretty thin and risky for a long-run show like this. But time will tell, right?
Premiere date: September 23, 2013.

Comedy

The Crazy Ones
I simply attracted by this show because Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar are in it. It’s a rare situation having two big screen’s stars play on sitcom, right? Luckily, most critics agree that the combination of the two stars resulted in a pretty good laugh.
Premiere date: September 26, 2013.

Mom
When I heard that Chuck Lorre is having a new sitcom, I instantly put it in my must-watch list. After created ‘The Big Bang Theory’ and ‘Two and a Half Man’, sure Lorre is becoming pretty overrated among the networks, but what can you say? It’s pretty obvious that people love his works and hopefully we still do with ‘Mom’.
Premiere Date: September 23, 2013.

The Millers
Despite all the negative critics I’ve read about this show, I still want to see the pilot. Why? Because I love Will Arnett and I desperately want him to have a good, decent show after his golden days in ‘Arrested Development’. Please don’t disappoint me, GOB. I mean, Will.
Premiere date: September 26, 2013.

Friends with Better Lives
I heard this show has a potential to be the successor of CBS’ hit sitcom ‘How I Met Your Mother’, which entering its final season this Fall. Centers on a group of 30-something friends, I could see this show must be another type of ‘Friends’ sitcom. We’ll see, huh?
Premiere date: midseason, date to be announced

FOX
New series announced: 9

Drama

Gang Related
A gang member infiltrates a police department? Sounds a lot like TV show version of ‘The Departed’ for me. But, I’d give it a chance. Besides, the critics said it’s pretty watchable.
Premiere date: midseason, date to be announced.

Comedy

Brooklyn Nine-Nine
I never have a cop comedy in my bucket, so this one could be my first. Also, most of the reviews about this show are positive, so I guess it’d be ok.
Premiere date: September 17, 2013.

Enlisted
I guess this year will be the time for me to diversify my must-watch comedy list. ‘Enlisted’ obviously would be one of them.  A comedy set up in a military base and involves the whole squad would be interesting to see.
Premiere date: November 8, 2013.

NBC
New series announced: 12

Drama

The Blacklist
I got curious by the show only by reading the storyline. The bottom line is a most-wanted criminal suddenly turns himself in for FBI and in doing so, offers to help the bureau to take down criminals and terrorists. I see a potential on this one and the premise is convincing for a long-run plots.
Premiere date: September 23, 2013.

Believe
The premise of the show is actually pretty attractive to me – a 10-year-old girl with superpowers and her relationship with a former inmate as her protector. But then, I wonder is it solid enough to take in to a multiple seasons story? Either way, I’d like to check on the pilot first and see how it’d turn out.

Comedy

The Michael J. Fox Show
I have no reason to motivate me to watch this show, except the trailer. The trailer is seriously fun. And I hope the real show does too.
Premiere date: September 26, 2013.

About A Boy
Basically, I want to watch this show because I want to see the TV version of the movie with the same title. Apparently, the critics were pretty positive about this one (if not praising it).
Premiere date: midseason, date to be announced.

The CW
New series announced: 5

Drama

The Tomorrow People
The CW is pretty miserable this year. Its new series are the least appealing for me, compare to other networks. Luckily, it still has ‘Vampire Diaries’ and ‘Supernatural’ to attract large viewers. Anyhow, for new series this year, I’m only attracted by ‘The Tomorrow People’, because I hardly resist a superpower narrative regardless of how the execution would’ve might be. Despite all the negative critics, I still have hopes for this one.
Premiere date: October 9, 2013.

Save the dates, people! And enjoy the rush of fresh shows flooding your living room starting this month :D

No comments:

Post a Comment